Monday 6th May - 9:00am to 4:00pm
Venue: Council Chambers, Council Buildings, Torphin Crescent,
Community ICT Steering
Group Training Day. Specific outcomes
for the day include:
- Clarification of "community
involvement" meanings and approach
- Clarification of project management processes
- Clarification of strengths and weaknesses of the steering group
- Meeting Dates/Times of sector groups
- Prioritised issues for the steering group and sector groups.
- A review asset mapping process
- Identifying issues for focus groups
(Margaret Richardson from Waikato Management School (WMS) will be
attending. WMS is providing Focus Group Training skills to Steering
9:00am Introductions and Welcome
9:10am What we want to achieve today
- Outline of the days sessions
- Issues from Steering Group members
9:30am Where does the Steering Group fit?
- Review of the different groups involved in this process
9:50am What does the Steering Group do?
- Ms Terry Grunwald and Mr David Wilcox
review the "Making the Net Work" (MTNW) routemap, the various activities associated with each ‘stage’, and possible challenges.
- Where is Tokoroa on the routemap? Or, what we’ve achieved so far.
10:30am Morning Tea
10:45am Asset Mapping – a project in process
- What's it all about?
- How it can inform the work of the steering
- Interim report from Mrs Belinda Sykes
(Asset Mapping Researcher)
11:15am WORKSHOP – Managing multiple projects
Using a matrix to project plan for projects prioritized during
the previous day's practice session.
1:00pm Issues and needs - feedback from the Workshop
Workshop groups feedback their draft plans and the issues arising for:
- The steering group
- The sector groups
- The research group
- The wider network
2:00pm From project to process management
Working through the issues from the previous session to consider the priority issues for the steering group and sector groups.
3:00pm Afternoon tea
3:15pm Review of the session
- outstanding issues
- date for the next meeting
Please note: Agenda Subject to
Change without notice